Featuring Celestron’s latest innovation, CelestronEdgeHD 1100 CGEM Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope, is borne from years of research and development.
Celestron, the market leader in telescopes has introduced their latest series of high-end telescopes. They did not stop from SchimdtCassegrain optical system; they continued taking big leaps in innovation setting the telescope industry back on their heels.
Celestron’s freshly introduced CGE Pro and CGEM mounts make the new Celestron Edge series the new paragon in Astroimaging.
Celestron EdgeHD 1100 CGEM Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
Sale Price: $3,999.00
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Eligible for free shipping!
Price and Main Features List
This state-of-the-art telescope is priced at $3,999. It is expensive but it’s worth it. Hard-earned money is well-spent in top-of-the-line telescope. The telescope is equipped with the latest technology which has the feature of:
- Celestron 11” aperture aplanatic Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope ideal for both visual and imaging observing
- Mirror-support knobs, its clutches hold the mirror in place when rotating the tube around the mount, thus, reducing image shift
- Cooling vents
- Fastar compatible Edge HD optical tubes for imaging down to f/2 with optional accessories
- CGEM mount features an ergonomical design great for large altitude and azimuth adjustments. This feature offers the manoeuvrability of the sophisticated series and the accuracy of CGE.
- 40,000 object database by name as well as catalog number with detailed information, plus 400 user defined lists
- Double line, LCD (16 character ) Hand Control with backlit LED buttons
- RS-232 communication port for PC/laptop navigation
- Available software in addition to motor control unit upgrades online
- Cable wiring( internally), Autoguide port as well as auxiliary ports
- Also includes: 23mm Axiom Eyepiece, 9×50 Finderscope and 1.25” Star Diagonal
Who is it for?
This no-nonsense telescope is for serious stargazers. It is absolutely recommended for astrophotographers. For the amateurs who have money to spend, you can’t go wrong with this. The telescope will make them enjoy the subject more and try to conduct more exploration activities.
Pros and Cons
Celestron EdgeHD 1100′s new Edge High Definition telescope produces flawless true astrograph quality. This makes it stand-out from all the telescopes in the market.
It is more expensive. The mount is big, heavy and sturdy. Don’t be intimidated by this scope. It might surprise you how easy it is to set it up. Though, aligning GEM takes a little time, it’s not that hard.
Most importantly, its great 11” aperture provides an excellent view in spite living in light polluted cities. It has the combined optical advantages of both lenses and mirror, omitting their disadvantages. It has a superior performance for lunar, planetary and star observing or photography. This is guaranteed to last a long-life since it is durable and virtually maintenance-free. Each cooling tube vents have an integrated micron mesh filters guaranteed to let out warm air without letting dust in.
Why you should buy it?
This powerful telescope is highly in demand by amateur and professional astronomers and is sought after by serious astrophotographers and visual observers. If you’re targeting to view fainter objects like the galaxies and nebulae, this telescope is the best choice. This telescope got everything you need and ever hoped for.
This deserves a whopping 5 stars. If you need to visually understand the intricate beauty of celestial bodies, CelestronEdgeHD 1100 CGEM Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope is the real deal.